Usually, we can handle life’s challenges on our own, but occasionally personal problems can overwhelm us and interfere with our daily life. An Employee Assistance Program or EAP is a benefit fully paid by your employer to help you find resources to resolve problems and improve your quality of life.
The short video below is an orientation to give you a better understanding about EAP and how to use the free Employee Assistance Program that your employer has set up for you and your dependents.
Employee Assistance Programs offer free services and resources for virtually every problem you may encounter; your EAP will continue to help you until your problems are resolved. Counseling services cover a wide range of issues including:
- Stress, anxiety, depression, grief, or other emotional problems
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Difficult life decisions and everyday challenges
- Family and parenting issues
- Special needs children and adoption
- Divorce and child custody
- Caring for an elderly loved one
- Debt counseling and financial management
For more information read EAP Benefits.